Kirkland’s 1947 City Hall
There were lots of excited faces back in August, 1947 at the then-new Kirkland City Hall’s dedication.
This building stood on Main Street at Central Avenue and even boasted a sewage treatment plant behind it.
Over time, Kirkland grew from about five thousand residents in the late 1940s to about 19,000 in 1980 and the need for additional city office space became chronic. In 1982, the current–and much larger–City Hall located on 5th Avenue replaced the 1947 building.